A big jump in prescription drug sales, particularly overseas, helped Johnson & Johnson swing to a large fourth-quarter profit after posting a huge loss a year earlier, when it took a $13.6 billion charge related to the late-2017 U.S. tax overhaul.
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. home sales cratered in December, causing price growth to slip to the lowest level in more than six years as the housing sector ended 2018 on a decidedly weak note.
Before you tackle lofty financial resolutions like paying off debt this year, do yourself a quick favor and freeze your credit reports. It's free, doesn't affect your credit score and helps protect your financial future.
When gunmakers and dealers gather this week in Las Vegas for the industry's largest annual conference, they will be grappling with slumping sales and a shift in politics that many didn't envision two years ago when gun-friendly Donald Trump and a GOP-controlled Congress took office.
More from Work It, SoVa
- Casino legislation clears first hurdle in Virginia Senate after significant changes
- American National Bankshares reports fourth-quarter net income of $5 million
- Liz Weston: There's always a next recession, so be prepared
- Virginia investor tries to curb Dominion's influence
- Eden police remove 'anti-cheating devices' from sweepstakes tables, solve automobile interference
- Pittsylvania farmers hopeful for 2019 after weather dealt tough blows last year
- As General Assembly debates tax plan, results could have real impact on Southside
- Virginia looks to raise age limit on tobacco products
- 'I'm tired of hearing about gambling': Virginia senators say bills on casinos, sports betting may be too much to tackle
- Dan River Region real estate transfers