A Wednesday afternoon fire destroyed a double-wide mobile home in Ringgold.
There were 34 firefighters who combated the fire at 340 Warbler Lane, Ringgold Fire & Rescue Fire Chief Mike Neal said.
Ringgold members were the first to respond, with mutual aid coming from the Blairs, Kentuck and Laurel Grove volunteer fire departments.
The call came into the 911 center at about 2 p.m.
There was heavy fire inside the home’s kitchen, Neal said. Firefighters initiated an “interior attack” on the flames.
The cause of the fire “appears to be a grease fire on the stove,” Neal said.
The fire “had gotten in the attic and burned through one section” of the roof, Neal said.
The house is still standing but is totaled, Neal said. There were no injuries.
The American Red Cross was called to assist the family with living arrangements. A representative from the Pittsylvania County Fire Marshal’s office was also scene.
Firefighters were on site for two-and-a-half hours, and used more than 4,000 gallons of water to put out the blaze.
Two firefighters suffered heat exhaustion but were treated at the scene, Neal said.