An unoccupied mobile home under renovation was declared a total loss in a Saturday night blaze, the Danville Fire Department reported.

Crews responded to lot 23 at 180 Lamberth Drive at about 11:40 p.m. Saturday to find fire and smoke under the structure, according to a news release from the fire department.

While the bulk of the fire was quickly put out, firefighters stayed on scene for more than three hours to fully extinguish the blaze under the flooring.

An electric short was blamed for the fire, according to the Danville Fire Marshal’s office.

The home was declared a total loss.

Breaking & daily news emails

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Recommended for you

Load comments