An early Wednesday morning electrical fire caused minor damage to a city home, the Danville Fire Department reported.

Firefighters were called to a small two-story home at 920 Roberts St. at about 2:15 a.m. Wednesday. They found the basement full of smoke and discovered fire in a breaker box. It was quickly extinguished.

The basement sustained minor fire and water damage and the rest of the house suffered smoke damage. There were no injures reported and all occupants were safely out of the house.

The Danville Fire Marshal's Office ruled the cause as electrical.

Breaking & daily news emails

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

—Charles Wilborn

Recommended for you

Load comments