Danville firefighters rescued two dogs in a mobile home fire Thursday afternoon blamed on unattended cooking, officials report.

The Danville Fire Department responded to a fire call at 474 Greentree Road at about 3:45 p.m. Thursday. Crews arriving on scene found a single-wide mobile home with smoking showing from the roof, according to a news release from the Danville Fire Department.

Firefighters entering the trailer found the home full of smoke and discovered a fire in the kitchen.

“They also found a small dog waiting to exit the residence,” Battalion Chief. Brian K. Alderson wrote in the news release. “A second dog found refuge in an unaffected part of the trailer and remained there until the occupants arrived.”

Crews quickly put out the fire. The Danville Fire Marshal’s Office ruled the cause as unattended cooking.

The occupants are saying with family while repairs are made to the home, officials said.

Breaking & daily news emails

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Recommended for you

Load comments