Danville Public Schools will begin offering food truck services after school hours in certain city neighborhoods.
The school division is partnering with the U.S. Department of Agriculture to expand the service, according to a news release from Danville Public Schools.
Food truck service has been offered at select schools in Danville and it has provided more than 6,000 meals during June and July as part of the school division’s Summer Feeding Program.
Under the expanded service, all children under 18, regardless of whether they attend Danville Public Schools, eat free of charge. Adults can buy the same meals for $3.65.
Here is a full schedule of after-school meals and locations:
- George Washington High School (701 Broad St.) every Thursday and Friday directly after school;
- Bonner Middle School (300 Apollo Ave.) Monday through Friday directly after school;
- Cardinal Village (651 Cardinal Place) every Monday from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.;
- Pleasant View Apartments (101 Pleasant View Ave.) every Tuesday from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.;
- Purdum Woods (575 Richmond Blvd.) every Wednesday from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.;
- Woodside Village (1321 Piney Forest Road) every Thursday from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.;
- Cedar Terrace Apartments (127 Cedar Terrace) every Friday from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
—John R. Crane