Your Daily Briefing
There are new wood floors, fresh paint, an oft-painted tiled wall has been resurrected and the stainless-steel panels that used to face the horseshoe-shaped lunch counters now are behind a gleaming stainless-steel-topped bar.
Danville officials say they are focusing their economic development efforts elsewhere — Berry Hill industrial mega park, the Cyber Park — and putting the Fearn site on the backburner for now.
Future Farmers of America is a family tradition in the Mills household, and Logan Mills has just made another historical step, by winning the state and regional competitions for tractor operation.
More from Work It, SoVa
- New DMV office opens in Danville
- Hile’s closes the doors after 65 years downtown
- Pipeline to resume moving gas on Wednesday
- 'It’s like when it snows and everyone goes and buys milk and bread'
- Egg prices, market has been scrambled
- Pokemon Go colors coming to Bridge Street
- US regulators: Official recall of 1M Samsung Note 7 phones
- Dan River Region real estate transfers
- Virginia Tech planning to build its own Hyperloop test track
- Truckers warn speed caps will cause crashes, jam highways