Your Daily Briefing
American National Bankshares Inc. parent company of American National Bank and Trust Co., on Friday announced net income for the fourth quarter of 2016 of $4.12 million compared to $4.6 million for the fourth quarter of 2015, a $485,000 or 10.5 percent decrease.
On Thursday, workers at the Volvo Trucks North American truck manufacturing plant in Pulaski County received good news: Their layoffs had been canceled.
More from Work It, SoVa
- An economy for everyone: Perriello looks to make changes in Richmond
- Study: Impact of Virginia's wine industry grew 83 percent from 2010 to 2015
- Small businesses hope to see Obama-backed rules scrapped
- Gillespie tours Danville, talks economic development
- Media General is gone; $4.6 billion merger deal by Texas-based Nexstar completed
- With job announcements, firms appear to seek Trump approval
- Hospitals encourage 'do no harm' approach to COPN reform in Virginia
- Supervisors award contract to bring broadband to rural Pittsylvania County
- Lowe's announces nearly 2,400 layoffs for full-time workers
- With help from DRMC, Averett opens student health center