Your Daily Briefing
Thundering Wave Martial Arts performed a Chinese Lion Dance for good luck to the delight of attendees Saturday to celebrate the grand opening of Cottontail Weddings and Events at 600 Craghead St. in Danville's River District.
It was standing room only Tuesday morning at Averett University as the school celebrated its largest incoming student class during a convocation ceremony that spotlighted an address referencing the recent violence in Charlottesville.
Danville City Council will consider a $3.6 million loan next month to pay toward construction of a $4.5 million building for the Kyocera SGS Tech Hub in the Cyber Park.
NEW YORK (AP) — Panera Bread will start listing the amount of added sugar and calories on the cups for seven drinks, including cola and iced teas.
NEW YORK (AP) — Verizon is raising the price of its unlimited plan while introducing a slightly cheaper, more limited version as wireless carriers battle each other for customers.
More from Work It, SoVa
- Electrical upgrades aim to power reliability for Danville customers
- New executive director takes over River District Association
- Virginia coal is rebounding, but is Donald Trump to thank?
- Virginia bee buster helps turn venom into treatment
- Ballast Point starts to brew in Botetourt County
- Directionally challenged? Mid-Atlantic prices at the pump scatter
- At Stratford House, a renovation celebration
- Southern Virginia medical jobs remain unfilled
- Record enrollment, new courses greet area college students
- Breweries, distilleries, wineries expanding beyond Central Virginia