Your Daily Briefing
Area manufacturing companies will be recruiting for 120 jobs at a manufacturing job fair on Tuesday, from 3 to 5 p.m. at Danville Community College’s Regional Center for Advanced Technology and Training.
The Danville Pittsylvania County Chamber of Commerce will hold a legislative breakfast on Tuesday, Dec. 13, at 7:30 a.m. at the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research.
Even beavers are getting in the holiday spirit. That's what one sheriff's office discovered this week when it spotted a curious beaver checking out Christmas decorations at a dollar store outside of Washington, D.C.
JTI Leaf Services is in the midst of a $7 million expansion of its Danville tobacco processing facility and the first step — a new, 110,000-square-foot, $4 million storage facility for both raw and processed tobacco — was unveiled Thursday.
More from Work It, SoVa
- As Trump claims to have saved Carrier jobs, details are hazy
- Passion for business: Student entrepreneurs debut ideas at Danville Community College event
- Utility scam targets small businesses
- Columbia Gas's natural-gas costs rise nearly 12 percent
- EPA to keep strict gas mileage standards in place
- 60 positions available at manufacturing job fair Dec. 6
- City names new director of community development
- Record 112 million consumers shop, dine small on Small Business Saturday
- More than 100 vendors ready for Holiday Market
- West Virginia regulators, Alpha settle bankruptcy case suit