Your Daily Briefing
The proposed increase in Danville’s real estate tax rate is a little too steep and could hurt recent gains in the local housing market, said the president of the Dan River Region Association of Realtors.
Institute for Advanced Learning and Research Senior Scientist Scott Lowman recently received the distinction of receiving the 2017 Outstanding Recent Graduate Alumni Award from the Virginia Tech College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
For many, spring represents blooming flowers, baseball, or spring break. For the students at the Pittsylvania County Career and Technical Center it means one thing — competition.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Dismissing concerns about ballooning federal deficits, President Donald Trump on Wednesday proposed dramatic tax cuts for U.S. businesses and individuals — outlining an overhaul his administration promises will spur economic growth and simplify America's tangle of tax code rules.
Good news for Google Maps users who have trouble remembering where they parked your car as the software will now remind you where you left your vehicle.
More from Work It, SoVa
- Chamber foundation to award more than $100,000 in grants
- Virginia Cooperative Extension awarded $400k grant for farm equipment
- Annual youth livestock show returns this weekend
- Applied Felts plans Henry County expansion
- Virginia jobless rate drops to 3.8 percent in March
- Danville native snags top prize at Va. Tech entrepreneurship challenge
- Chamber to host awards dinner May 8
- Henry County considers expansion after Philpott Marina's success
- Alpacas ready for spring with annual shearing
- Farmers fear deportation of workers could hurt livelihood