Virginia's unemployment rate declined one-tenth of a percent from January to February to 3.9 percent, reaching its lowest point since June 2008, state officials announced today.
After more than eight years of work by regional officials and years of wrangling with bureaucratic regulations, leaders finally broke ground at the 3,500-acre Berry Hill Industrial Park on Thursday afternoon.
The Danville Pittsylvania County Chamber of Commerce is inviting local tourism related businesses to participate in stakeholder meetings.
More from Work It, SoVa
- Dan River Region real estate transfers
- Community Foundation debuts new website
- NCI officials tour Academic Village in Tennessee
- Tax hike proposal met with criticism from three council members
- Hard times for Sears as retailer notes doubt about future
- Building renovation projects moving forward at Danville Community College
- Bassett Furniture Industries to expand, add 22 jobs
- Averett accepting applications for Junior Leadership Southside
- Melting business: Warmer US winter hurts small companies
- Chatham DMV Select celebrates grand re-opening