Your Daily Briefing
Pittsylvania County Board of Supervisors Chairman Jessie Barksdale and Danville Mayor John Gilstrap both spoke with pride and hope for the future of the region at Tuesday morning’s annual State of the Region breakfast.
After its most successful fundraising year in a decade, the United Way of Danville and Pittsylvania County is getting ready to kick off its annual fundraising drive.
A consumer group is demanding that the State Corporation Commission force Dominion Virginia Power to obtain approval for its $19 billion proposal to add a new nuclear reactor at its North Anna Power Station in Louisa County before spending more money on the project.
Managing money can be complicated, and myths are often born from people's struggles to make it simpler. But simplistic solutions can cost you instead of saving you money.
More from Work It, SoVa
- Ask Brianna: Should I ask for more money at my first job?
- State lawmakers want more hard data on Virginia's return on investment from the historic credits program
- Danville Regional Medical Center earns award for cardiac care
- SoVA Center of Manufacturing Excellence members earn certification
- State's first community solar project goes online in Lexington
- Martinsville community dental office turns 10
- Bassett vineyard gaining national attention
- Serendipity regroups, remains open after Vanderwoods arrest
- MillerCoors plant in Eden lays off 90 more workers
- Intertape plant garners recognition for work to reduce carbon footprint, cut power costs