Rick Barker’s $10 million renovation of most of the 500 block of Craghead Street is moving along, with the first phase of the project — the Hughes and Venable buildings — on schedule for completion in May.
NEW YORK (AP) — Ketchup maker and packaged food giant Kraft Heinz has withdrawn a $143 billion offer to buy Unilever, backing away after the mayonnaise, tea and seasonings maker rejected the bid as too low.
A freshly-painted storefront in the Schoolfield community has quietly opened its doors as Linden Rose Boutique, with clothing for women, fashion jewelry and home décor items.
More from Work It, SoVa
- Lidl's prototype store in Spotsylvania County testing how the German grocer plans to conquer the U.S. market
- Virginia economic development leader visits Dan River Region
- Laura Frazier joins elder law center
- Dan River Region real estate transfers
- Assembly passes bill to allow sale of 151-proof liquor
- Immigrant workers, families to protest by staying home
- Spring sting: Farewell cheap gas?
- Goodson named director of Search and Rescue Tracking Institute
- Breakfast to spotlight regional economic development
- Buffett's firm invests heavily in Apple, airline stocks